Grey Chevron

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Day 2...

So it's day two of the new year and I feel like a failure.  I am laying on the couch posting from my phone because of severe lower back pain.  This means no gym today, no perfect attendance at the new job, no being productive.  It makes me sad and I feel defeated.  I have to remember that there are things beyond my control and that I have to be okay with that.  So I'm taking today's goals and spreading them out over the weekend and next week... and enjoying some guilty pleasures today. 

When I was strictly doing the jewelry business full time and only working from home, I had a very lazy morning routine and started working in the late afternoon when I'd have a better chance of getting in contact with my customers.  I'm falling back into old habits but JUST FOR TODAY.  I'm extra lazy today since I'm in so much pain and can't even sit up. 

Here are some of my guilty pleasures for lazy days... BREAKING THE FAITH - have you seen this show on TLC?  It is addictive.  I respect freedom of religion immensely but there is a part of me that feels awful for the people stuck in these cult type faiths.  It makes me feel so thankful for having been raised in a faith where I can make my own decisions... even the decision to ultimately leave my original faith and convert to Judaism.  DAYTIME TALK SHOWS - The Doctors, Doctor Oz, The Chew, Ellen, I can't get enough.  Plus, my family and I are going to trivia night tonight (assuming my back is better) and I'm sure I've learned some useless cramp from these shows.  SOCIAL MEDIA - facebook, pinterest, etsy,  love it all.  I am in the process of planning our honeymoon and I am so excited and loving all the out of the box ideas I find here.

What are some of your guilty pleasures?  What do you do on your sick/lazy days?  I'd love to hear.

Hope you are having a wonderful week and here's to a {mostly} productive new year!

Jenn
*believe always*

No comments:

Post a Comment