Grey Chevron

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Year's Resolutions...

What is it about a new year that makes us want to change?  I mean, we could choose any arbitrary day that we want to improve ourselves, but somehow the new year is the most popular time to do it.  I am one of those people... I think it's because it feels like a fresh start... there's just something about that new number at the end of the date that makes me feel like I have a fresh start and I can actually achieve the goals I set my mind to.  Here's what I have in mind for this year:
  • I want to keep up with my blogs this year.  I love going back and reading old posts.  I used to be a big journaler {not a word, I know} but this is somehow easier... that being said I'd like to write in my paper journal at least once a month.  
  • I really want to get fit... I know this is the number one resolution {and one I have made MANY times before}.  Does this mean losing weight?  Absolutely, but it's more than that... it means being healthier, eating better, drinking more water, moving more, taking time for myself, and just becoming better.
  • I want to pay our debt down.  Truth - the wedding has us in what feels like a big. black. hole.  And while we don't regret anything thing about the wedding, it is stressful to think about starting our family when we are living paycheck to paycheck.  I just picked up a part time temp job to help with this and we will be going back to the Dave Ramsey method in February.
  • I NEED to get some consistency in my jewelry business.  When I work it it is AMAZING and I love that I can take breaks from it when I need to, but I am done with excuses.  My number one goal is to be consistent starting with 3 shows a month and building from there.  I have to walk before I can run and I want this to be my full time career again when the temp job ends this summer.  The possibilities with this opportunity are ENDLESS and God has so blessed our lives since my coming into Premier, but I know it's more than just Him... I have to do my share also and I'm ready.
  • Our house is such a mess... there is clutter everywhere.  We need to scale down and get organized one room at a time.  This is another thing that needs to happen prior to having babies, so I want to get on it STAT.
  • I want to continue to help mine and Rob's relationship grow stronger every day... I want to be more patient with him {and myself} really enjoy our first year of married life.
  • I want to re-connect with my synagogue family and get more involved in Jewish life.  I am now officially converted and have no more excuses {besides fear and laziness, lol}.  I want to get to services on a weekly basis and join groups, and volunteer, and make new friends.  I am so fortunate to have found a new relationship with God, and one that I share with my husband, and I want to make the most of it.
So that's it... easy-peasy, right?  What about you?  What do you want to do in the new year?  Share your goals and let's ROCK 2014!






No comments:

Post a Comment