Grey Chevron

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

"I've heard it said...

...that people come into our lives for a reason, bringing something we must learn and we are led to those who help us most to grow (if we let them) and we help them in return."

Do you all know that song?  It's called, For Good from the {amazing} musical, Wicked, and I dare you to look the lyrics up and not be able to think of at least a dozen people you could send it to.  

I have been thinking of this song basically non-stop the past couple of days because of a change that is going on {that I really can't say too much about at this point}.  Someone who is very important to me and a HUGE inspiration in my life is embarking on a huge adventure and while it doesn't *at all* mean that our friendship has to end, it does mean that the role she plays in my life will have to change... and that makes me sad... and {more than} a little scared. But you know what else?  It makes me stronger too.  I feel like it's time to take everything she has taught me {and it's A LOT} and run with it.  Not to say she's done teaching me... I know there's at least a few more lessons there... But it's time for me to spread my wings so to speak.  

It's also time for me to be INCREDIBLY excited for her and her new adventure.  It is SO well deserved and I just know she's going to rock it.  And while I'm being excited for her, I'm going to sit here and take my lemons and make some of the most amazing lemonade ever.  {Side-note: Do you watch Modern Family?  You know the episode where they move Hailey in to college and Phil has his book, Phil's-osophy?  One of his quotes is, "When life hands you lemonade, make lemons.  Life will be all like, 'What?!?!'"  Love that show!!}  Anyway... I refuse to be {too} sad about this... Silver lining people!!!  There's a new Jenn in town and she is going places!!!

*believe always*

**this is the first time I've posted from my phone with the blogger app... Please forgive any horrible typos/autocorrects!**


No comments:

Post a Comment